Setup Your Starfish Profile
Set up your Starfish profile to receive notifications. To access Starfish
- Go to My.PennWest and click "Sign in"
- Find the "Starfish Success Network & Tutoring" card
- Click "Save Card" (top right)
- Click "Sign in"
- Click the three lines ≡ menu button in the upper left, click your name, edit profile and add your cell phone
- Select "Send text notifications to my cell phone"
How to Ask for Academic Help
Use the Raise Your Hand feature in Starfish to ask for academic help.
- From Starfish, click the three lines ≡ menu, and click "Raise Your Hand"
- Find the help option that best fits your needs
- Someone will get back to you during business hours M-F 8 am - 4 pm
Click here for a one-minute video.
Complete your Student Surveys
Complete your Student Surveys so we can get to know you better and provide outreach.
- From Starfish click the three lines ≡ menu button in the upper left and click “Student Surveys"
Make an Appointment With Your Instructor or Advisor
- From Starfish, click the ≡ menu button in the top left, click "Your Connections"
- Click the person’s name you’d like to schedule an appointment with. If they use Starfish to accept appointments, you will see a blue box that says "Schedule Appointment"
Find Tutoring, Writing Support or Supplemental Instruction
Need some extra academic help when classes begin? Check out Tutoring or Supplemental Instruction. To schedule a tutoring appointment:
- From Starfish, click the ≡ menu button in the top left, click "Courses"
- Then click "Schedule Appointment", below the class you need tutoring.
View Your Success Network
You have a Success Network of people here to help you succeed.
- From Starfish click the three lines ≡ menu button in the upper left and click "Dashboard"
- Scroll down to "My Connections" to view your Instructors, Academic Advisor and more
Enroll in the D2L Starfish Shell for Students
Enroll in the D2L Starfish shell for Students to find out more about what you can do in Starfish.