Pennsylvania Western University has partnered with the National Student Clearinghouse to provide 24/7 online transcript ordering. It is quick, simple, and secure!
Need your official transcript now? Select the delivery method of “Electronic PDF.” Secure Electronic PDF transcripts are normally processed within 30 minutes.
Documents can be submitted along with your electronic transcript request. See details below (#9).
Students may choose to receive order updates via mobile text message and email or track your order online using your email address and order number.
Important Points to Know Before Placing Your Order
- $10.00per Transcript and include all levels.
- You can pay for your order with any major credit or debit card.
- Your credit card will not be charged until your transcript(s) are sent.
- PennWest does not produce partial transcripts or unofficial transcripts.
2. Hold for pickup orders:
Can be picked up at the following campus locations between the hours of 9:00 a.m. –4:00 p.m. For the University Holiday schedule, please refer to the Academic Calendar.
- California Campus–Dixon Hall 122, 250 University Avenue, California, PA 15419.
- Clarion Campus –148 Becht Hall, 909 E. Wood Street, Clarion, PA 16214.
- Edinboro Campus –Hamilton Hall, 210 Glasgow Road, Edinboro, PA, 16444.
3. Processing times:
- Mail/paper transcripts are typically processed within 3-5 business days.
- Electronic PDF transcripts are typically processed within 15-30 minutes.
- Paper transcripts are processed or mailed on days the University is operational. Please plan accordingly. For the University Holiday schedule, please refer to the University’s Academic Calendars
4. Opening electronic transcripts:
- The receiver must have the correct version of Adobe Reader. To download the free version of Adobe Reader, visit www.adobe.com.
5. Archived records:
- If you attended Edinboro prior to 1976 or Clarion prior to 1985 or California prior to 1970, you will not be able to order an electronic transcript and must order a paper transcript.
- Your order may also require additional days for processing.
6. Financial holds
- Please ensure you have no holds on your account.
- If you have a hold on your account, you will be notified at the time you place your order, and your order will be held for 10 days.
- If after 10 days the hold has not been cleared, your order will be canceled.
7. Transcript delay options:
If you are not currently enrolled:
- please only choose your “Current” transcript to include the grades and degrees earned to date.
For current students - you will choose one of the following:
- Hold for Degrees option
- Hold for Grades option
- For these options, your order will release once final grades are posted in the system and degrees have been awarded.
8. Uploading an electronic PDF transcript to a website:
- The security settings may not allow you to do so, and you may want to consider ordering a mail/paper transcript instead.
9. Upload attachments:
- You can upload a document to be submitted along with your transcript request (e.g., AMCAS, LSAC, PTCAS, CASPA cover sheets). You will be presented with the option while placing your order. We only accept PDF, JPG, JPEG, DOC, and DOCX files.
10. Unofficial transcripts:
- The Office of the Registrar does not provide unofficial transcripts. Currently enrolled students may access unofficial transcripts via their my.pennwest.edu account online.
Steps to Order Official Transcripts
Current students requesting an official transcript:
- Login to my.pennwest.edu
- From the Student tile, Click “Order Official Transcript or Verification”
- Follow the prompts from the National Student Clearinghouse website
- Select PennWest – California Clarion or Edinboro as your school
Current students viewing an unofficial transcript:
- Login to my.pennwest.edu
- From the Student Tile, click Student Self-Service
- On the Student Profile, under your picture, click Academic Transcript
- Transcript level: Choose All, Graduate or Undergraduate
- Transcript Type: Advising Transcript
If you have questions regarding our policies or need further information before you submit your request, please contact the Office of the Registrar at Registrar@pennwest.edu. Hours: 9 a.m. – 4 p.m.
If you need troubleshooting help with accessing your electronic transcript or have questions about the Clearinghouse’s Transcript Ordering Service, refer to the Transcript Ordering Help page. Contact them via phone at (703) 742-4200 or via e-mail at email@example.com.